Skip to main content
Asked a question 2 months ago

Hi, my name is Kristel and we're in the process of building Realm out for launch in the fall. Do any of you have experience building out the youth ministry, and for Sunday School registration have you found it necessary to create an event for each Sunday in order to take attendance?

Scott Fischer MinistrySmart Team Member
Hi Kristel, great question! You have to create an event in order to take attendance in Realm. Once you build out your Ministry Areas and begin to add your groups (High School, 1st grade etc.), you will then be able to create recurring events for those groups. For example, if your youth group meets each week, you can create one event and set it to repeat. Realm will automatically build out that group's schedule and then you can take attendance on that repeating event in the future. One and Done!! I always recommend that ministries create an event and take attendance on EVERYTHING they can. I know that in my church we were amazed at just how much engagement we had when we started taking attendance at events like prayer breakfasts, committee meetings, worship team rehearsals etc. It gave us a better idea of the involvement that can sometimes go unseen and helped us get a better pulse on church health when running our reports.

There is a great training webinar in MinistrySmart called "Realm Advanced Webinar | Events within Groups" taught by Andrew Benfer that could help you as you get your groups and events ready for launch this Fall!!
Kristel Ellis
Thank you Scott, this is very useful. Do you know if there's a way to get a master registration list of all youth to expect, which contains parent contact, etc?

Where am I?

In MinistrySmart Community you can ask and answer questions and share your experience with others!

Hi Kristel!

Yes, you can run a report to get all of the youth in a specific date range that you could add to that class. For Example, if you had a class for 14-18 year-olds, you could run a report to show just those children in your database. You would go to Admin-> Reports -> Custom Query. Then choose Date of Birth as the attribute-> is between -> 2004 and 2008-> Run Report. You can then go to Edit Columns and add a column for Family Name, Emergency Contact etc..., to get the info you want to include in that report.

You can then select from that list all the children in that age range, select the down arrow at the top, and add them all to a group (assuming that you have already set up the group in Ministry Areas). I hope this helps.

Related Questions

Question Stats

2 followers
Asked a question 2 months ago
Views this month